At approximately 7:11pm on Wednesday September 11th the Union Hill Volunteer Fire Department, Union Hill Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Ontario Fire Company, and Lincoln Fire Rescue were dispatched for the reported residential structure fire in the 7700 block of Roder Pkwy. Crews arrived to find a home fully charged with smoke.
Upon investigation it was determined that a fire had started inside the oven; crews were able to contain the fire to the oven and remove the unit from the structure without further damage to the home.
All occupants and pets were evacuated safely by first arriving volunteers.
Thank you to our volunteers and neighboring companies for their swift and professional response.